“I should have gone to law school instead of doing the e-learning.” —Dan Sandler, Anti-semitic Elmo and alleged Girl Scouts Extortionist
“Most celebrity photographers yearn to catch a star at their most defenseless, but Sarah tends to think of them as friends. A couple of years ago, Tracy told me, Sarah saw an up-and-coming actress fall down drunk in a restaurant. She picked her up, helped her into a bathroom and reapplied her makeup before asking the paparazzi to delete the photos and video footage they took of her collapse. She helped exonerate Lindsay Lohan after a hookah-bar manager claimed that the troubled star drove over his foot. (Sarah saw the whole thing.) She made it a point to post flattering images of Demi Lovato when the young singer and actress went to rehab for bulimia and self-mutilation in 2010. (Sarah says that when she subsequently ran into Lovato’s mother, the woman threw her arms around her and later took her to dinner.) About a year ago, Sarah began casually dating Angus T. Jones, who reportedly earned $300,000 an episode playing Jon Cryer’s son on “Two and a Half Men.” So far it hasn’t affected her hobby. “He loves what I do,” she says. “He gets very jealous of some of the people I meet. Like when I told him I met Skrillex, he couldn’t even talk.” —
Entertainment at its finest.
Things I Learned About Niagara Falls
I went to Niagara Falls for the first time over the long weekend. I think it’s one of those American sightseeing things you have to do at some point. I learned the following:
- The tourist economy there can support at least 4 year round haunted houses.
- The tourist economy can also support at least 5 miniature golf courses.
- Additionally, the tourist economy seems to support upwards of 4 wax museums and 3 curio museums.
- It appears to be very popular spot for Indian and Muslim families to vacation.
- Tourist buffet deals are almost never very good deals, and there are very few alternatives. Drive to Toronto if you want a good meal.
- Almost any view of the falls can be marketed as ‘the ultimate falls experience.’